I have recently joined a major sailing magazine to help with the digital platform. We are hiring writers, particularly expert level writers to create content falling into one of these categories:
- Sailboat Reviews
- Marine Electronics
- Sails, Rigging, and Deck Gear
- Systems and Propulsion
- Boat Maintenance
- Below Decks and Amenities
- Personal Gear and Apparel
- Destination Advice, Customs, Immigration
While articles written by industry professionals are ideal, anyone with experience and the ability to write well could definitely make some great content to help people go sailing. To apply, please send a sample article to email@example.com. Your article should:
- Address a major question sailors have
- Tell your reader what they need to know, what they need to ask, and what they should do to solve the problem
- Imagine you run into a problem in the sailing world – perhaps how to service a roller furling, which storage containers to use in a galley, or how to check into the Bahamas on a 50 footer. You Google the problem and the first article that comes up on Google perfectly answers your questions – that should be YOUR article!
- Go write it. I can’t wait to see what you come up with!